Top 5 Ways to Save Money on GroceriesK
1. In Season Produce Fresh fruit and vegetables, the foods that should be in everyone’s diet can sometimes be very expensive. A way to minimize the cost is by buying in season. When a fruit or vegetable is out of season, the extra cost of transporting and storing them combined with limited supply is passed onto the consumers. You can also try buying frozen fruit and vegetables which are usually less expensive but still nutritious.
2. Sales. Find items that are on sale and if possible buy more of them. If you see something that is buy 1 get 1 free, you can buy just one at half price but if you eat the item on a regular basis and it does not spoil, buying two or more can save you money.
3. Coupons. Don’t forget your coupons. One or two coupons might not save you a lot of money but if you have enough of them you can save quite a lot. You can still find coupons in the Sunday paper and you can now even find them online.
4. Generic and Store Brands. Whenever possible, buy generic or store brand merchandise. These products piggyback on the advertising and marketing of national brands so they are not marked up as much. They taste similar to the product they are imitating, so try them out.
5. Eat Before You Shop. The best way to waste money at the grocery store is by shopping when you are hungry. If you go when you are hungry, you will get cravings for everything you see. You will also end up buying delicious foods that you will never eat but look so good when you are hungry. Eat something before you go shopping to minimize these cravings and lower your bill.