Top 5 Ways to Lose WeightKen Bendor
After you finish reading the following five ways to lose weight, you might think to yourself, “That was way too obvious and I just wasted a few minutes of my life.” The reason why these steps are so obvious is because losing weight isn’t rocket science. Usually the simplest explanation works best and if you’re looking for a complicated way to lose weight, you need to go elsewhere.
1. Stay Active. To lose weight, you need to move. It doesn’t matter how you move as long as you do it. Any sort of work burns calories. You can wash your car, dance, play sports, walk or tend to your garden. Burning calories combined with eating less will create a huge calorie deficit and lead to weight loss.
2. Eat Less. Eating less is also very important if you want to lose weight. Exercising is great but if you finish your workout by eating a hamburger and fries, you’ll never see any improvements. The most important rules when losing weight is to eat less calories than you burn. Eating less and exercising more will help you achieve this calorie deficient state so that your body can begin using its fat stores for energy. Only when this happens will the weight start to come off.
3. Cardiovascular Exercise. One type of exercise that will help you lose weight is cardio. Cardio is anything that will get your heart pumping fast for a long period of time. Running, biking, swimming and most sports are considered good cardio and burn a large amount of calories to help you lose weight.
4. Lift Weights. Often neglected, strength training is another form of exercise that can help you lose weight. Building muscle can speed up your metabolism and help you burn even more calories throughout the day.
5. Eat Healthy. If you’re not interested in counting your calories, eating healthy foods can help you lose weight without knowing the exact amount you eat each day. Foods such as whole wheat bread, vegetables, fruits, oats and lean sources of meat will provide you with all the nutrients you need without the abundance of calories. Cut out foods that are highly processed and contain too much sugar and saturated fat. (Note: If you want to count your calories, use the calorie calculator to figure out how many you need to eat each day.)