1. Eat More Fruits. Fruit contain a lot of fiber in addition to vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Try eating fruit without pealing them since most of the fiber is contained in the peel.
2. Eat More Vegetables. Like fruit, vegetables are high in fiber and other nutrients. Vegetables are also low in calories so they are perfect if you’re trying to lose weight.
3. 100% Whole Wheat Flour. Start eating breads made out of 100% whole wheat. White breads are processed and stripped of most of their fiber. Check the ingredients to make sure you are truly getting whole wheat and not a mixture of whole and white flour.
4. Wheat Germ. Wheat germ is the stuff that is taken out to make white flour. You can buy a bottle of this (usually in the cereal and oatmeal aisle). They look like bread crumbs and don’t have a lot of taste. You can sprinkle them over your snacks, lunch, dinner and most other foods.
5. Fiber Supplements. There are plenty of supplements on the market that offer a lot of fiber. They come in the form of pills and powder that can be mixed with water.