Top 5 Sources of Soluble FiberKen Bendor
1. Fruit. Fruits are a great source of soluble fiber. Some good ones are: apples, cranberries, grapes, oranges, peaches, pears, plums and prunes.
2. Oatmeal. Oatmeal is also an excellent source of soluble fiber. Try and get old-fashioned oatmeal as it contains a lot less sugar than the flavored kind. You can top it with your favorite fruit, honey and cinnamon.
3. Root Vegetables. Root vegetables: beets, carrots, onions,potatoes and sweet potatoes.
4. Legumes. Legumes: beans, peas, soybeans. These are also high in protein so they are good foods for vegetarians.
5. Barley and Rye. Barley and rye are also great sources of soluble fiber. You can find each of these in different kinds of bread. Look for them in the bakery section of the grocery store.