Top 5 Sources of Insoluble FiberK
1. Whole Grains. Whole grain foods are a rich source of insoluble fiber. There are breads, snacks and other foods that can now be found in whole grain variations. When buying these foods, make sure that the first ingredient is 100% whole wheat flour.
2. Nuts and Seeds. Nuts and seeds contain a lot of fiber in addition to an abundance ofunsaturated (healthy) fats.
3. Fruit. Fruit are high in insoluble fiber, vitamins and minerals. Don’tpeel them since a lot of the fiber is found there.
4. Vegetables. Vegetables, like fruit, are high in insoluble fiber and other nutrients. They are also low in calories which make them a great choice for those watching their weight.
5. Wheat Bran. Wheat bran is removed in the making of white flour. It is high in insoluble fiber and can be sprinkled on most foods and used in recipes.