Top 5 Snacks for Gaining WeightK
1. Nuts and Peanut Butter. Nuts and peanut butter are very energy dense foods. In a very small amount (nuts – 1/4 cup, peanut butter – 2 table spoons) they contain almost 200 calories. Most of the fat found in nuts is unsaturated which is healthy.
2. Fruit. Fruit are very nutrient dense. They contain many vitamins, minerals and antioxidants in comparison to the amount of calories they have. They are also loaded with fiber which will help release the food’s energy without the sugar rush and eventual crash.
3. Canned Tuna. Tuna in a can is a fast and easy way to get a lot of protein. One can has about 30 grams of protein which makes it a good night time snack.
4. Cottage Cheese. Cottage cheese is high in protein and low in fat (if you get the low fat or fat free version) which, like tuna, is an excellent night time snack.
5. Chocolate Milk. In many studies chocolate milk has been shown to be one of the best workout recovery meals out there. Be careful of the fat and sugar content and keep in mind that there are low-fat versions.