Top 5 Quick and Easy Breakfast IdeasK
1. Breakfast Bars. Breakfast bars have been popping up in all sorts of flavors. There are granola bars, oatmeal bars and even bars from all your favorite cereals. While some of these can have a high amount of sugar, so do most breakfast foods. Try choosing one that is made from oats, has a high amount of fiber and a low amount of sugar. This will ensure that the energy you get will be released slowly and not give you a sugar rush and eventually a crash.
2. Yogurt. Yogurt can be a great breakfast for people who have little time in the morning. A whole cup takes a few minutes to eat and it has plenty of vitamins and minerals along with great flavors to choose from. It has protein, carbs and fat to give you energy throughout the morning and early afternoon.
3. Fruit. A piece of fruit can go a long way in keeping you from getting hungry until you have time to eat something. Pick it upon your way out of the house and eat it on your way to work. With the sugar and fiber, it will give you a slow energy release to keep you alert throughout the morning.
4. Chocolate Milk. Chocolate milk may seem unhealthy but it is very high in energy and protein to give you some get up and go in the morning. Like regular milk, it is high in nutrients including calcium and vitamin D.
5. Anything. Remember, eating something for breakfast is always better than eating nothing. If you hate all the above options, choose a small, unhealthy junk food. Studies show that people who don’t eat breakfast end up eating more throughout the day. Eating a few cookies can save you a lot of calories later on.