Top 5 Lunch and Dinner Items That Should be on Your Shopping List if You’re Trying to Gain WeightK
1. Whole Wheat Bread. Whole wheat bread is an excellent foundation for any sandwich. It contains complex carbohydrates which will slow digestion resulting in a steady release of energy. This will help your body use the calories more efficiently and minimize the amount of energy that is stored as fat. Whole wheat also contains more vitamins, minerals and fiber than white bread.
2. Whole Wheat Pasta. Like whole wheat bread, whole wheat pasta and brown rice are processed less than their white counterparts and therefore contain more nutrients including fiber. These foods should be a staple for anyone trying to gain weight because of their high carbohydrate content that supplies an ample amount of energy for exercise and recovery.
3. Lean Meats. Protein is a very important macronutrient for those trying to put on muscle. The best foods to eat are those high in complete proteins (proteins that contain all the essential amino acids). All proteins that come from animal sources (with the exception of gelatin) are complete. Since animal sources of proteinare sometimes attached to high amounts of saturated (unhealthy) fats, you should try and get your protein from poultry, lean cuts of beef, fish and low fat dairy. These all have a reduced amount of saturated fat but still contain all the proteinyou need to build muscle.
4. Vegetables. While vegetables are very low in calories, they are needed to help you get 100% of your vitamin and mineral needs. These nutrients are needed for some important functions in the body including making energy for a tough workout and rebuilding damaged muscle tissue. Without these essential nutrients, your body won’t be able to properly function. Getting your vitamins and minerals from natural sources is always better than getting them from a pill.
5. Beans. The common elements of a food that is good for gaining weight are high calorie content and an abundance of nutrients. Beans are a very good food to help you gain weight. They contain fiber, vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates and even protein. When mixed with rice, the protein from both foods will yield a complete protein with all the essential amino acids without eating any meat.