Top 5 Holiday (Christmas, Hanukkah) Fitness PresentsK
Making a commitment to be more physically active will lead to weight loss, an improved physical appearance and most importantly, a healthier lifestyle. Helping a friend or family member make that commitment will do a lot more to improve their lives than buying them a gift they will rarely use.
1. Bike. A bike is a great way for beginners and those already in shape to exercise. It’s a very low impact activity that can be easy or hard depending on the terrain and streets. You can find entry level bicycles that are fairly inexpensive.
2. Running Shoes. If you want to run, the only equipment you really need is running shoes. Most people don’t have a good pair of running shoes so they sometimes use it as an excuse not to exercise all together. Since buying a pair of running shoes for someone else is nearly impossible, get them a gift certificate to an athletic shoe store where they can pick out their own pair. Running is a great way to lose weight, get into shape and pick up a healthy habit over the holiday season.
3. MP3 Player. Running and biking are great but for most people can be boring. Listening to music is a great way to make any workout more exciting and hardcore. There are plenty of MP3 players that sell for under $50 making them affordable for most holiday budgets.
4. Personal Training Sessions. One of the most popular New Year’s Resolutions is to start a workout routine. Unfortunately, most people don’t know where to start on creating one or have no motivation to consistently go to the gym. People like that can benefit from having a personal trainer tailor a workout just for them. Gyms usually have packages you can buy for friends and family during the holidays. If you’re also interested in hiring a personal trainer, you might be able to receive a discount by having more than one person in each session.
5. Gym Memberships. Some people don’t necessarily need a personal trainer but would still like to use a gym. For them, you can buy a 2 or 3 month gym membership. Gyms have excellent equipment that almost anybody can use to get in shape and work off that unwanted holiday weight.
The Bottom Line
It’s almost time for everyone to start coming up with a New Year’s Resolution. One of the most popular resolutions is to exercise more. Buying an exercise related gift for your close ones will help them succeed with their resolutions and improve their overall health.