Top 5 Breakfast Foods for Losing WeightKen Bendor
1. Oatmeal. Oatmeal is packed with complex carbohydrates. Complex carbs will keep you full, energized and healthy. The fiber in oatmeal will keep you full for a very long period of time which will help you eat less throughout the day. Pick the traditional style oatmeal since it has less sugar than the flavored kinds. You can top it with cinnamon, honey and your favorite fruit.
2. Cereal. Cereal has always been a good breakfast option. With so many flavors and brands to choose from, there’s something for everyone. Be sure to check the sugar content since some have a way too much of it. Too much sugar will give you a lot of energy really quick but will also leave you tired once the sugar rush wears off and turns into a crash. Unlike complex carbohydrates, sugar is digested very quickly which will leave you hungry and looking for more food. This will cause your caloric intake to go up throughout the day.
3. Fruit. Fruit is a good addition to any breakfast. Most fruits are low in calories but high in fiber which will keep you full, meaning you’ll eat less. Fruit are also high in vitamins and minerals which your body needs to properly function.
4. Eggs. Eggs are high in good quality protein and low in calories. If you’re worried about their cholesterol content, there are egg substitutes that are free of it.
5. Yogurt. Yogurt is high in calcium, protein and promotes good gastrointestinal health with the use of live cultures. Like cereal, some yogurts are loaded with sugar so be mindful of the nutrition facts. The best option is to pick up plain yogurt and top it off with whatever makes it taste good to you. You can add a bit of sugar, your favorite fruit or some cocoa powder.