Strength comes from three main areas: healthy diet practices, solid workout routines and genetics. Since you can’t change your genetics, diet and exercise are the two areas that need attention. Through proper exercise, nutrition and supplementation, getting stronger is a very straightforward process. 1. Exercise. Your body strengthens muscles in
Exercising more is a great resolution. It can help you lose weight, build muscle, make daily tasks easier to perform and improve your overall health. Here are a few specific ways you can make your exercise resolutions more effective. 1. Start Off Slow. Most people have an ambitious New Year’s
1. Sports. Find a sport that you like. It can be tennis, basketball, football, soccer or anything that you enjoy playing. When you’re having fun, time goes by quickly and you’ll be able to exercise for longer without getting bored. It’s also a great way to meet people that share
1. Different Exercises. The best way to fix a boring workout is to switch exercises. For example, if you’ve been doing the chest press with the bar, switch to dumbbells. If you’re already doing a lot of dumbbell exercises, start doing some of them on a bar or cable machine.
I don’t ask much of my fellow gym-goers: wear deodorant, don’t do bicep curls in the squat rack and above all: follow my simple directions when giving me a spot. The bench press is the only exercise where dropping the weight would cause some serious problems for a lifter. If
1. Active Person. You need to pick someone who is active and likes to exercise. If you pick a couch potato, you may find yourself consuming too much energy convincing them that it’s time to exercise and not enough time making your workout better. Constantly begging your workout partner to
1. Motivation. Together you can motivate each other to get into shape. If one of you is feeling weak (not physically) the stronger one has to pull the weaker one along. This wouldn’t be possible without a buddy. 2. A Guaranteed Spotter. Some exercises will require a spot or help
1. Music. If you don’t have an MP3 player, you should go out and buy one. Load your favorite music onto it and let it give you energy to workout. Music will help the workout go by faster (if it’s music you enjoy) and help motivate you if the beat