Carbohydrates are the body’s main source of energy. In recent years, carbs have gotten a bad reputation as the macronutrient that causes weight gain. The slightest hint of eating carbs while on a diet conjures up lectures from gym nutritionists about the benefits of going low carb. The reality is
1. Tuna. Canned tuna is one of the best snacks if you’re looking to put on some clean, fat free weight. Not only is it relatively cheap, tuna is made up of mostly protein (1 can ~ 30 grams of protein) that is complete which is exactly what is needed
1. Whole Wheat Bread. Whole wheat bread is an excellent foundation for any sandwich. It contains complex carbohydrates which will slow digestion resulting in a steady release of energy. This will help your body use the calories more efficiently and minimize the amount of energy that is stored as fat.
1. Chicken. Chicken, when grilled or baked is high in good quality protein and low in fat and calories. It’s a lot lower in calories and saturated fat than most cuts of beef. 2. Brown Rice. Rice is a great side dish that includes plenty of fiber and nutrients. Use
1. Fruits and Vegetables. Fruits and vegetables should be at the top of your shopping list. They are low in calories, high in nutrients and if you buy them in season, can be relatively cheap. Try buying a different fruit each week. Apples this week, grapes next. This way, you
1. 100% Whole Wheat. Instead of using wraps that are made from white flour, use ones that are made from 100% whole wheat. They contain more nutrients and fiber which will make you feel full and help you eat less. One burrito can easily contain 500 calories so filling yourself