1. 100% Whole Wheat. Instead of using wraps that are made from white flour, use ones that are made from 100% whole wheat. They contain more nutrients and fiber which will make you feel full and help you eat less. One burrito can easily contain 500 calories so filling yourself up quickly is important to help you reduce your calorie intake.
2. More Vegetables. Adding more vegetables (tomatoes, onions and peppers) will makeyour burrito thicker without adding too many calories. The extra ingredients will make you think you're eating more so that you'll stop after only 1 instead of 2 or 3.
3. Replace Beef with Chicken. Using chicken instead of beef can drastically cut down on the fat content, particularly the saturated, bad fats. If you really like the taste of beef, use lean ground beef and drain the fat out.
4. Less Dairy. Using less sour cream and shredded cheese can also cut down on saturated fat. You can try using low or fat-free versions to keep some of the taste while at the same time getting rid of the calories.
5. Low Sodium Taco Seasoning. Taco seasoning is what adds a lot of taste to the meat. Unfortunately a single packet of seasoning can have 2,000-3,000 mg of sodium which is well above the recommended intake. Low sodium seasonings typically cut the sodium content by 40-50% which is still high but manageable.